Thursday, March 12, 2015

Orlando Theme Park Eats Ft. Magic Kingdom

0

Jens is coming home! I'm currently at the Miami airport waiting for my flight and I hope everyone had an amazing spring break! or good days at work! This year, I was off to Florida for some sunshine and happiness. Although I had been eating endless junk food during my days at the theme parks, I still found delicious eats that I would like to share with y'all!
and another tip! Please don't ever try to go to 1 theme park a day for 4 consecutive days. Take a day off in between! It was honestly the most tiring thing ever, and I thought school was stressful enough....


With weathers up to 30 to 34 degrees in Orlando, it could be tough to find directions from rides to shows to rides, so why not stop for some Ice cream?! 





Plaza Ice cream Parlor is located on Main Street (Very close to the Walt Disney Statue/Castle), and is hosted by Edy's. I absolutely love its interior designs, pastel blue and pink walls make this little place very dreamy and "princessy".  




The lineups vary from time to time, but it gives you time to read the menu. They serve huge sundaes, Mickey Mouse cones/sandwiches and simple scoops. I got the double scoop (Cookies N Cream & Butter Pecan) Ice cream cone ($4.49USD 4.5/5). 


Tasted good like most Ice Cream shops in Vancouver, creamy consistency and flavours were on point. (Not overly sweet or bland) The scoops are huge, and is definitely worth it for a price of $4.50 for 2 scoops!! If you are staying in one of the Disney World Resort, you will be given a magic band so it was extremely easy to pay for everything within the Disney World theme parks and hotels. 


Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Urbanspoon


Now on to our late dinner! We only had time for some quick food before the fireworks! But don't worry, if you want to be nicely seated in a restaurant within the park, there are plenty! Even a buffet with the Disney characters, but the lineups were insane.

With no other choices since our feet were hurting so much, we lined up for the nearest fast food corner, called Casey's Corner. (It was extremely busy as well). We struggled to find a seat, but after around 20 minutes of waiting, we finally got a table outside.



My dad, sister and I all got the BBQ Slaw Dog ($9.99 5/5) (Fries or Apples slices included). It is basically a hot dog topped with pulled pork, cole slaw and barbecue sauce.  The sausage and the bun were as ordinary as they could get. But the toppings were creative and mind blowing. Coleslaw was crispy and creamy, pulled pork was not over cooked, and the portion was huge. If you are a messy eater like me, get a spoon and eat some of the toppings first, then finish the rest with the hot dog. Not the healthiest option you can get, but after more than 12 hours of walking, I think I had the spare calories for a meal like this! 


Casey's Corner on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment