Monday, March 9, 2015

The Hastings Warehouse

0

I initially found out about this place through my best friend L.T , and of course what surprised me the most was its everything for $4.95 menu. We went there with friends to enjoy some cheap lunch while watching the World Cup semi final game. 



Braised Beef Dip (Picture Not A/V)
 ($4.95 +$1.75 for yam fries 4/5) 
L.T and I shared a beef dip with yam fries, the beef dip was tender and filling, but I thought there was something missing, or maybe I was just focusing on the game instead of the food. Yam fries were okay, they were too skinny the time I had them, I would rather order the $8 ones at Joey or Cactus. (plus they charge you extra for chipotle mayo, but they don't actually tell you) 

However the price is still relatively cheap, and I liked the vibe there. So I suggested to go again for dinner while we were debating where to eat. 



The atmosphere was quite relaxed in the morning/afternoon, but pub like at night with loud music and bright lights. (But it's not a legit pub, or else they wouldn't let minors in?!) 



For my second trip, I was on a mini diet before my vacation to Florida, therefore I ordered the 


                                    Quinoa & Green Apple Salad with an addition of braised beef   
                                                                       ($4.95 +$2.25 5/5) 
     Crisp apple, organic greens, sweet corn, cucumber, toasted almonds, 
 avocado, mint and cilantro with soy honey & lime dressing

I'm not a frequent quinoa eater, but after this meal I think i fell in love with quinoa. I'd never thought the ingredients listed would taste amazing together. The braised beef was a little salty at first, but tasted fine when mixed with everything else. My salad tasted ALOT like a Chipotle beef bowl, which was strange but in a really good way. It's actually a bit cheaper and healthier than the chipotle bowl, and it's pretty filling for a girl. I was really happy with my decision. (it might look kind of gross but trust me it was delish!)



L.T got the Broccoli Pasta 
($4.95 3.5/5)

I had a few bites of her pasta, It was creamy and flavourful, but the portion was less filling than my salad even though pasta is full of carbs! It was overall a boring dish, they could have added more ingredients to create more power. 



*Did not sample this dish, opinion entirely based off my friend.


Mushroom Swiss Burger with Yam Fries ( $4.95 +$1.75 4.5/5)

My fried A.C said it was good, better than its price (I know it's not too helpful, but at least the picture looked good...the bun looked nicely warmed too... ) 
Plus a Mushroom Monte Burger is over $10 at white spot, this was less than half of the price. Less ingredients in this burger, but personally, I like burgers that can actually fit in my mouth since I always make a mess when I eat gourmet burgers. 

Overall Experience (#2): 
Way too happy about my dish, I managed to eat some what clean but still had an enjoyable full meal. It's a nice little place to chill with your friends during any time of the day. Loved the vibe there, seats are tight but comfortable. It'd be kind of loud for families, especially if you have little kids. But if you must go, try before 4/5pm. They don't accept debit, but there's an ATM available right inside of the restaurant. 



The Hastings Warehouse on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment