Thursday, February 19, 2015

Milk and Sugar Cafe

0

Found this little place near Joyce-Collingwood that serves all day breakfast, thick toasts, waffles, ice cream and a huge selection of bubble teas for CHEAP!  They even have $2 special bubble teas every week! And of course, Milk and Sugar is always packed with long lineups, so expect a (usually long) wait. If you want to quickly grab some bubble tea to go, try some where else!




I was first attracted by their waffles with fruits and Ice cream. ($4.00 + $0.50 for a scoop of ice cream 4.5/5) The portion is unbelievable with only $4.50! Waffles are handmade, served with fruits, condensed milk, classic maple syrup and a huge scoop of Ice cream of your choice.  Waffles were thick and chewy, the pieces were actually quite large due to their thickness, I couldn't finish it by myself, and I eat ALOT.  Waffles pair up well with almost any sweet or savoury ingredients, so as long as the waffles are on point, the whole thing would be mouth watering!





I then bumped in to my best friend again! (#meanttobe), we chatted for a while and decided to get a bubble tea to share. We got the Small Blueberry Cheesecake with pearls. ($4.00+$0.50 4.5/5) They use real ice cream to blend the drink, so it's basically a milk shake but with pearls! (double win!) Probably one of the best pure bubble tea I have ever had, I was going to order the $2 special but I didn't like the flavours this week (Mango Green Tea Vanilla?!...)


Overall Experience:

A renovation would be nice, this cafe is not like your typical western/hipster cafe, but more like a Chinese bubble tea joint. The seats are tightly arranged thus it's not super comfortable. But the value of their food beats every flaws. I highly recommend this place, and personally I would come back for their thick toasts and other ice cream bubble teas. Got my eye on sesame and Strawberry Cheesecake flavours already!


Milk & Sugar Cafe on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment