Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sushi Garden (Brentwood Store)

0

One of my family favourite. We have been to both locations more than 50 times, it's definitely a go to sushi place for us. I was actually quite shocked when I saw so many negative reviews and comments about them on Urbanspoon. I agree that it's nothing fancy, and always busy. But the quality fits its category. If you want a convenient place to get sushi, sushi garden is worth a try.

We ordered a lot this time since my dad's university friend came to visit.


First, We had the regular salmon sashimi 9 pcs ($8.95 4.5/5) and spicy salmon sashimi ($8.95 5/5)

Loved their sashimi here with fresh and huge pieces. I especially like the spicy ones, I have never had this kind of spicy sauce before.



We ordered 5 rolls this time.
The ones that we always order is the Tropical Dynamite Roll ($4.95 4/5) 

What differs from a Regular Dynamite Roll is that they added pineapple, cream cheese and coated with pan fried egg) A very unique creation though. 



Next, We had the simple California Roll ($3.95 3.5/5) and Chopped Scallop Roll ($3.75 4/5)

Not a big fan of California so I only had one piece. 

Chopped Scallop roll was not bad, but the pieces got smaller over the years.


 Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Roll ($3.95 4.5/5) and the Hawaiian Beef Roll ($3.95 3.5/5)

I like anything cream cheese so I really liked this roll. Others might not, in fact, I've read so many reviews that dislike this roll. But I thought the cream cheese pieces were huge, and it fits well with the pepper and the smoked salmon. 

The Hawaiian Beef Roll was uncreative though, It was basically a teriyaki beef roll with pineapples, the beef was slightly over cooked. 



Yaki Udon ($6.95 4.5/5)
-Udon noodle stir fried with beef and veggies)
The udon noodles were cooked al dente, love the texture. The sauce paired up well with everything. An impressive dish overall. 

We also had the Takoyaki 6 pieces ($3.75 4/5), they were all gone before I could take a picture.
I'm not a big fan of octopus, so I was glad that they only had a small portion of it in each one. I mainly liked the surroundings and the sauce. 

Overall Experience:

A convenient place to get some quick sushi. Don't expect great service since both locations are always busy, servers really don't have the time to do anything else other than taking your order. They do occasionally add tea though. I categorize Sushi Garden and Sushi California as "Asian Fast Food Restaurants". So the quality is quite decent. If you want fancy Japanese food, Hit up Miku and Minami. 


Sushi Garden on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment