Sunday, January 11, 2015

Insadong Korean Restaurant

0

I'm finally done with Artona and it's time to feast again! I decided to go with Insadong because I haven't been there in a long time, and I wonder if their food is still consistent or not.

The interior is normal like any Asian restaurants, so I didn't take a lot of pictures. The food is obviously more important than the atmosphere for this type of dining! I remembered that Insadong was usually crazy busy, but surprisingly, it was only half full when i went tonight.



My parents and I ordered the couple BBQ combination for 2-3 people ($59.99 4/5), It was more than enough for 3 people! (and my dad eats a lot lol). I think the price isn't too high at a rate of $20 per person. This combination includes beef salad, radish seaweed roll, a choice of seafood non-spicy soft tofu soup or soybean soup , a choice of seafood pancake or bulgogi japche. For BBQ: a piece of marinated beef ribs, marinated beef, spicy pork and chicken bulgogi and 3 pieces of marinated short ribs. For seafood BBQ: 3 mussels, 3 prawns and 2 oysters.

Beef salad and the radish seaweed roll were very refreshing, It's good for appetizers as well as "desserts" to clean up the heavy flavours. Seafood tofu soup was okay, It was too much for my taste since I don't like seafood that much. The pancake tasted bland, so I added some sauce. They gave us a lot of sauces and side dishes, I loved their kimchi, it's not super salty like other ones but sweet and crispy instead, I actually finished the dish by myself!





The BBQ meats were mostly tender, (It also depends on how good you are as a griller?!) The only exception was that some ribs were hard to chew because they had too many tendons attached. But overall the meats were well marinated and flavourful. and once again, I didn't eat any seafood BBQs.



Overal Experience:

The service was really good, they managed to change our grill FOUR times! The food is still consistent even after all these years in service. Side dishes gave me chills, especially their kimchi! I'm pretty sure a lot of people still prefer the salty ones, but I like it when it's slightly sweet. 
Parking wasn't too tough,  just park near Pho 99 and It takes 30 seconds to walk to Insadong.


Insadong Korean BBQ and Seafood Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment