Thursday, January 8, 2015

Jens Macaron Tips

0

The absolute maximum for this polynomial function is... oh wait..I'm writing a food blog right now..

  Happy Thrusday! aiya, school just started, I haven't visited any restaurants this week due to the busy schedule and my mini diet plan (yeee, gotta look good for my Artona this weekend) So... I pulled out this macaron tips section from my previous blog post, and made it to a separate article. Well, It's easier to view now, and I will update this post whenever I get macarons from other places!

  Everyone has different tastebuds, especially for macarons since they can be very different, I simply like the traditional texture of a crispy macaron that breaks easily, with fillings not overly sweet, and as natural as possible. Take my tips under consideration! but if you're ever in any of these stores, get a single macaron and rate it yourself!


Jens Macaron tips: 

Cafe Joie $1.75 4/5

- If you like big macarons for a cheaper price, Cafe Joie has them for only $1.75 and they are huge, the downside of their macarons is they are hollow, authentic macarons are not suppose to be like that. They still taste delicious though.

Fave Flavours : Earl Grey, Coffee, Black Sesame




Soirette $2 4.5/5

- Soirette has by far one of the best macarons I've had, they are regular size, $2/each. IMO Soirette > Thierry/Faubourg's  (sorry, lost the pictures, will update when I revisit!)

Fave Flavours: Seasonal ones, Mocha, Lavender, Salted Caramel

L'Opera $2 5/5

- L'Opera Patisserie has the best macarons in my opinion, they are $2/each, smaller than regular ones but they are perfect.

Fave Flavours: Every single one!


Sugar Craft 5/5 

- Sugar.Craft, I won 2 boxes of macarons from an young catering owner named Rhythm Tang. Her macarons are so on point, They are just as good as the ones from Soirette and L'Opera.

Fave Flavours: Candy cane, Salted Caramel, Maple walnut, Lavender



Thierry $2.25 2/5

- Thierry macarons are the most expensive ones I had ($2.25-$2.50), they taste nothing special, and all had a soggy texture, I like macarons that are crispy and chewy (shell breaking moment), so Thierry macarons are a no no for me.

Faubourg $2 2/5

- Faubourg, two words: EXTREMELY SWEET, maybe i'll give its macarons another try, since I haven't had them for a year, but i sure left the store with a negative impression.



Thomas Haas $1.80 4/5

Thomas Haas actually has macarons for only $1.80 so I was quite surprised. Their macarons are on the sweet side, but are much better than macarons from Faubourg and Thierry. 

Fave Flavours: Earl grey, Passion Fruit, Mango



0 comments:

Post a Comment