Saturday, January 17, 2015

Nando's Chicken On Davie (DOVF Stop #1)

0

DINE OUT VANCOUVER FINALLY STARTED! but...I've been insanely busy with school since midterms are coming up... ugh, why can't dine out be in March or April instead of exam season?
Anyways, I'm lucky enough to go on the second day of the festival after my miniEnterprize conference on Saturday, and my friend really wanted to go to Nando's. I agreed because I've never had Nando's, (what kind of foodie am I.. ) and I heard all positive things about them, so why not? (plus they were rated the best $18 menu last year or the year before.)

This year's Dine Out Menu








Hungry and Tired, 4 girls bused from UBC all the way to Davie, and ran in the pouring rain with heels and business formal attire... just to get Nando's? yeah we are crazy like that, but hey! Their menu did not disappoint.




For appetizer, I went with the good old Caesar Salad with garlic bread. There isn't much to say about this basic dish, Everyone can make it at home.





Entree, I chose the Flame-Grilled Half Chicken with rice, garlic mashed potato and peri fries.

Their portions are huge (I was actually half full after a full plate of salad). The side dishes were on point, except for its rice, It had no flavour at all. But if you add some Nando's special sauce then it should be fine. Chicken was no doubt, juicy and tender, very well done. I asked for medium spicy. If you are a big fan of spicy food, go ahead and order extra hot!





Everything was great until my dessert came, all my friend ordered the candy shell gelato but for some reason, I wanted to try the Portuguese nato tart, I imagined it to be ... well not a simple egg tart,  but when the server came with an egg tart I was thinking: what is this??! I can totally get better and cheaper ones at T&T or just make it myself.
Lesson of the story.. DO NOT ORDER THE TART! unless you really like egg tarts... I had a bite of the gelatos, they were amazing, binded perfectly with the candy shell... *SIGH* so much regrets.

Overall Experience:
I'd give its menu a 4/5. Appetizers could have been better, possibly a soup and salad combo. Dessert would've been fine if I ordered the gelato with everyone else. However, their entree was nearly perfect! It was a pretty good deal for $18 and I will definitely revisit to try its non dine out items.



Nando's Flame Grilled Chicken on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment